Today was another amazing experience as we returned to the field for the 2nd day of soccer camp in Beijing. Since our camp was compressed into 2 full days with the kids (instead of 4 half days as we do at home), we finished the day with a celebration and awards ceremony at Haidian Church. The relationships with the kids and the volunteers were definitely the most memorable from that special time of conclusion to the camp.
Kevin Golden, one of our awesome soccer coaches on this trip, described our experience so well, and I want you to see this mission through his eyes ...
When I first thought about what we would find when we made it to the church in China, I thought we would find a very repressed group of people hiding from the authorities. That couldn't be more wrong. As I sit here in a conference room on the second floor of Haidian Church listening to the prayers, celebrations and busy commotion I am overjoyed to have been wrong.
The life and spirit of the people here are amazingly refreshing. The love that they have for Christ shines through in everything they do. The hospitality that we have been shown is beyond words. I have never been more humbled in my entire life. The people that make up this body of this church are more alive than I have ever felt and thriving.
It has been an absolute honor to be able to come here and share in the love of our Lord and get to kick a football back and forth with them.
Kevin
Instead of posting a couple photos, I thought I’d send a link to a slide show we were asked to create for the Sunday morning services at Haidian Church. Pastor Wu wants to share the joy of the camp with their whole church family. We get to be part of their services in both English and Chinese tomorrow … we are hoping to see many of the kids and families from the camp. We have already heard reports of kids telling their unchurched friends about the love of Jesus during the camp, and we hope this outreach is a tool God can continue to use to expand His Church here in Beijing.
Here’s the link for the slideshow: https://www.dropbox.com/s/i1ft0uvllxmn5ik/Football%20Camp%202015-HD%20%28720p%29.m4v?dl=0
We appreciate all of you!
The China Soccer Camp Team

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.